Wednesday 12 January 2011

The Whys and Wherefores.

I have always been a creative person.  It started when I was very small, from making party dresses for my Pippa dolls out of tissues and cellotape, to embroidering a 'horse' blanket for my Cindys pony. From finger knitting, to Fashion Plates, it wasn't always clothes that fascinated me but just the joy of making something new from things that were lying around.  These days I mainly make things by painting, sewing or crocheting.  And I have embarked on the ultimate creative project, making a human being, to be born sometime in early June.

But this blog isn't going to be about that, well at least, not yet.  I want to document the changes I will be making to the room I am sitting in now and its transformation from the cluttered home office and craft room it is currently, into the (hopefully) serene but funky if very small nursery it will become.  I would like to have as many home made elements as possible in this room partly because I enjoy making things, partly because I am on a budget. and partly because there is such a lot of new, manufactured stuff in the world and most of it is tat.

Of course, this blog could all be just another excuse (like the crafts) to avoid doing the grunt work of sorting though all this junk and (horror of horrors) actually having to throw or give some of it away!  But I'd also like to pay homage to some of the amazing people out there on the internet who have inspired me, those that give away their patterns, advice and expertise for free, so expect links to their sites and also any other commercial links I think are cool or useful.

So here goes, I hope you find it interesting and enjoyable or perhaps get inspired to make something yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Fashion Plates - now there's a blast from the past! I bet mine are still in the loft at my mums! I really should go around and have a good old root up there! I'm sure I'll find all sorts of treasures!

    ReplyDelete